Linux, safe, responsive, reliable, private, configurable, powerful and legal.
Plans and notes
Behind-the-scenes notes, plans or ideas for Linux advocacy
- Venues of Linux advocacy
- Areas of Linux advocacy
- Known problems with Linux advocacy
- Other sources of Linux advocacy to draw upon
- Why we advocate Linux
- Organised Linux advocacy approach
- Plans, our plans for Linux advocacy and with this site
- Notes and ideas, #linuxadvocacy ideas list page
- Hash programs links for Windows hash programs, possibly for adding to a Verify download article
- Fallacies, links to pages to do with teach logic and reason for arguing
- Needs work, things that need work for advocacy of Linux
- Simplify Linux, some work to simplify Linux for running and advocacy purposes
- Mac criticisms, faults of Apple PCs
Advocacy of Linux.
- Downsides of Windows
- Downsides of Mac
- Benefits of Linux
- Things you can do on Linux, this list is too long to be put on this Web site; also watch this very good video on the capabilities of bash from LinuxFest Northwest 2017
- Screenshots of Linux
- System requirements of Linux
- Linux taglines
- Links to other Linux advocacy Web sites
- One line distribution summaries, introductions of distributions to new Linux users
- Is Linux About Choice, some people say Linux isn't about choice, but it definitely is!
Stories and articles of changing to Linux
- [[Stories]: Stories hosted on our Web site of people changing to Linux
- Articles: Articles of people or companies changing to Linux
Information about Linux.
Try Linux either in a virtual machine or a live boot session or install it.
- Download Linux
- Virtual machine
- Live session
- Install Linux
- Recommended distributions - if you have some time (about 50min) then watch this very good video from LinuxFest Northwest 2017
Getting help for Linux.
We were a group of people found in the official #linuxmint-chat IRC channel on SpotChat.